SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Number: 158 / TB-VPCP
Hanoi, April 16, 2020
CONCLUSION OF THE PRIME MINISTER NGUYEN XUAN PHUC AT THE GOVERNMENT SITUATION MEETING ON COVID-19 PREVENTION AND COMBAT
On April 15, 2020, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc chaired the Government’s Permanent meeting on COVID-19 prevention and control. Attending the meeting were Standing Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh, Deputy Prime Ministers: Pham Binh Minh, Vu Duc Dam, Trinh Dinh Dung, Minister, Chairman of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung, Deputy Chief of the Central Office Nguyen Dac Vinh, Deputy Minister of Defense Tran Don, Representative of the National Assembly’s Committee for Culture, Education, Youth, Youth and Children Catholic Church, Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong, representatives of leaders of Hanoi People’s Committee, members of National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control.
After listening to the reports of the National Steering Committee, the Government Office, the opinions of the Deputy Prime Ministers and the delegates attending the meeting, the Prime Minister has the following opinions:
1. The Prime Minister would like to thank the entire people for overcoming difficulties, supporting and strictly implementing the policy of the Party and the State in social isolation and urgent measures to prevent and control epidemics. Appreciating and praising the solidarity, determination and effectiveness of the epidemic prevention of the entire political system, especially of the medical, military, police and diplomatic forces; Information and communication, transportation and localities throughout the country. Up to now, Vietnam still has good control of epidemics, the prevention, detection, zoning, isolation, and treatment have achieved good results, no deaths … are very positive results.
The Prime Minister praised and highly appreciated all levels, sectors, localities and businesses for focusing on directing production and business, contributing to economic growth and realizing the Government’s double goal. suggest.
2. In the world, the disease continues to spread, the number of infected people and deaths is increasing everyday. Domestic risks still spread in the community and disease outbreaks on a large scale. The Prime Minister requested all levels, branches and localities to:
a) To continue strictly implementing the directions of the Politburo, the Secretariat, the Government and the Prime Minister on epidemic prevention and control in conformity with the circumstances and conditions of their ministries, branches and localities; mobilize the entire political system, the whole party, the whole army and the whole people, uphold the responsibility of the heads of the committees and administrations; promote effectiveness 4 on the spot to ensure effective prevention and control of epidemic.
b) Continue to thoroughly grasp the spirit of “fighting against epidemics like fighting against the enemy”, not subjective, being caught off guard, best protecting the health and life of the people;
c) Consistently set out strategies: Preventing and detecting fast; isolation, staking, stamping out thoroughly and effective treatment; take appropriate prudent measures to gradually bring the rhythm of life back to normal, both to ensure the requirements of epidemic prevention, and to maintain the continuity of economic activity at a certain level, prepare for start-up. re-establish the economy on the basis of successful epidemic prevention and control, ensuring basic and long-term stability in employment and social security;
d) Prevention and control of epidemics with the overarching goal: Restricting and controlling the rate of infection at the lowest level, limiting deaths, minimizing the negative impact of a pandemic on appropriate socio-economic suitable to specific circumstances so that each locality can flexibly implement the dual objective of epidemic prevention and socio-economic development; formulating production and business organization plans in the situation of prolonged epidemics.
3. The Prime Minister agrees with the Steering Committee’s recommendations on disease risk classification in localities to apply appropriate epidemic prevention and control measures:
a) High-risk local groups include 12 provinces and cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Lao Cai, Quang Ninh, Bac Ninh, Ninh Binh, Ha Tinh, Quang Nam, Binh Thuan, Khanh Hoa and Tay Ninh. These localities continue to focus on leading and directing the implementation of the Directive 16 / CT-TTg of the Prime Minister until April 22 or 30, 2020 and may be extended depending on the evolution of the disease. locality; at the same time pay attention to removing difficulties, promoting production activities, building infrastructure, ensuring goods circulation.
b) Local groups at risk include 16 provinces and cities: Hai Phong, Can Tho, Lang Son, Thai Nguyen, Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Nghe An, Thua Thien Hue, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Kien Giang, Soc Trang, An Giang, Dong Thap and Ha Giang. These localities need to strictly implement measures according to Directive No. 16 / CT-TTg until the end of April 22, 2020 and will be adjusted on April 22 depending on the disease situation.
c) Low-risk groups including the remaining 35 provinces. Request localities to continue complying with the Directive 15 / CT-TTg of the Prime Minister.
4. To assign presidents of People’s Committees of provinces or centrally run cities:
a) Decide specifically on the implementation of social spacing and apply measures in their respective areas according to the following levels: requirements, limitations and recommendations for activities of the three provincial groups , the city is: leaving the house at the required levels, opening non-essential shops to the extent, the transportation of passengers by public transport, the gathering of people;
b) Decide specifically on business and service establishments which need to be closed;
c) Take responsibility for close supervision at projects, construction sites, production and business establishments and request to stop production and business if the establishments do not ensure epidemic prevention; focus on thoroughly handling detected outbreaks.
5. The heads of the Party Committees and the local administrations, based on the practical situation of the localities, shall:
a) Decide the extension of duration of implementation of social isolation measures according to Directive 16 / CT-TTg , may apply social isolation measures at the commune or district level depending on the risk of infection locality;
b) Decide the organization of the Party Congress at all levels and important political events in the area on the basis of ensuring the satisfaction of epidemic prevention requirements.
6. The ministries: Foreign Affairs, Defense and Public Security continue to strictly control entry activities. Do not relax the policy of restricting entry to April 30, 2020. Strictly control people on entry, suspend the entry of visas with foreigners all roads, air, waterways (except diplomatic, civil services, experts, high-tech workers, international investors …)
7. The Ministry of Transport shall continue to direct the restriction on international flights to and from Vietnam, restricting domestic flights.
8. To request the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Defense to intensify the direction of ensuring security and order, especially on the occasion of the National Unity (April 30) and International Labor Day (May 1).
Ministries, branches and localities shall strictly handle violations of disease prevention regulations.
9. Continue to enhance activities of online meetings, online learning, online payment; encourage officials to work from home. Ministers, presidents of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities and heads of other state agencies shall decide on this matter in detail, ensuring smooth, quality and proper work, especially those work with a prescription, a deadline.
10. Request the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control:
a) Assessment of the readiness to respond to epidemics in localities, especially localities and key localities and localities with road border; Guide and support the development of 63 teams to respond quickly to pandemics in 63 provinces and cities.
b) Proposal to improve the capacity of career review and facilities, human resource support for the local health system.
c) Research and propose specific reaction thresholds based on the number of cases, number of deaths and disease spread rates and appropriate response plans for each threshold, and be prepared for any situation.
11. The press and media agencies shall continue to popularize and guide people with knowledge and skills to protect themselves and their families, raise the awareness of citizens in epidemic prevention and control; avoid giving subjective information, bewilderment among people.
12. The Ministers of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, Finance and the Presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government urgently deploy the support of social security in accordance with the Resolution of the Government. covered.
13. The Ministry of Health shall assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice and the Office of the Government in preparing and submitting to the Prime Minister for consideration and promulgation a new Directive on prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic.
The Government Office notifies the ministries, agencies and People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities for notification and implementation.